Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I SHALL BE RECUPERATING


Never let it be said that avid readers of me blog do not remind this old geezer of some basic truths in life...

Today, being the day before me surgery for ear problems, I am reminded that whatever trials and tribulations may come, they are but me own, and sharing them with folks may not be met with the same degree of concerns that I have.  Is that not the way of it?

For you who have missed some of me tales, allow MOI to bring you up to speed.

I have a long running problem with me ears.  I am going deaf, complicated by foul discharge, vertigo and quite mean headaches.  The operation is meant to solve some of the problems and just maybe slow down the going deaf part.  Truth be told, if the the three mentioned problems are solved I will look back of the operation with delight.  I have grown accustomed to not hearing all I might like to hear, and can cope rather well with it.

I shall not be able to hear much after the operation AND could lose much more of my hearing, as well as suffer a few side problems that will not enhance the quality of life remaining, like have the left side of me face drop.  Can you imagine me with a face that is off??

The reminder sent and used to express the feelings of some toward my banging on about problems, gives me much to think on.  I am extraordinarily lucky in what I have enjoyed in life, and while there are some rocks in the path of life, no so great that they hinder me from marching forward.  I am indeed lucky.  Life is not so bad.  I enjoy relative good and sound health, have me mates, and continue to be thrilled with each and every day received on earth.

I do not believe that I shall feel the need to feed me blog for a week or so after surgery.  I look forward to reading and spending time with me thoughts.  Am quite sure that readers will be able to fend for selves whilst I am recuperating.

Like someone once said; "I have been happy every hour of the day, my life has been full, as I know I am loved."  What more could one ask for?

The risk of this old geezer expiring in the operating theatre are slight, mind, there is always some risk in being put under the knife.  I have no doubt that I will come to and make me way home to me sick bed.  I am comforted by all of the prayers being offered for my full recovery and no doubt will have much to tell when next we share...


2 comments:

  1. Helen don't worry you'll make it and look back at it and laugh, remember "DAME EDITH" AT SEVENTY MADE IT ,AND WILL BE 71 ON THE 29TH, SO ALITTLE DETOUR IN YOU ROAD OF LIFE MIGHT BE NEEDED, BUT WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER AND HAPPEIR PERSON""""WHO ELSE CAN BLOG LIKE YOU?..............I'M WAITING FOR THE BOOK TO COME OUT TO SEE WHERE I'M AT IN IT...HA!!HA!!..DAME--------

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Rob, God Bless you, we will be praying for your successful surgery and speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete