Monday, April 9, 2012

Maori Farewell to Hilo Bay Hostel - 2011






This old geezer will not apologize for the wobble of filmed bit.  It was right difficult to film and wipe away tears at the same time.

With much sadness, the departure of new friends was met by Justin I, Hilo Hattie and the old geezer.

While many gifts were received, the most priceless gift was the friendship received.  A gift that will last a lifetime.

The old geezer has a way with words and recited a poem to the group;

'When the time comes to take rest in the tall grass,
that place will be made special by what has come to pass,
Mark well what I say,
I tell true,
The ray of friendship received will warm my place,
in the tall grass,
being ever so strong,
it will warm my soul with song,
that will go on and on and on'

What story will be told of the events of the past 8 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment