Saturday, March 1, 2014

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN



THE ROAD NOT TAKEN

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
ROBERT FROST

The promise of Robert was vitiated by past and family. Both played an equal part in what happen. As if the whole community conspired to deliver the worst of the worst to the doorstep of. Mind, the whole world had passed judgment on Robert and it followed that many looking to be less than brilliant came to believe that he was the perfect person to do harm to.

Life is not a one trick act. What passes for normal one day could well be less than in the future. It is a constant changing experience and to deny that one had to adapt to, is right daft.

It is not enough to change behaviour, one must also break off relationships with folks who hold one back. However lovely they be, or regard held in, if there is to be improvement, one had to value the cost of that relationship, and move on if the cost is too great.

More's the pity that some known in life do not have the good grace to move on with their lives when it is clear that their actions are causing harm.

Never understood how a bad friend feels let down when the ax comes down and removes from a position of trust. OR refuses to learn how to do better. Seems quite natural for past friends to place blame on the friend who moves on and not selves. They refuse to move on and stay close to cause grief to, in hopes that more will join the campaign to sully the reputation of the past friend.

The old geezer may well not be the best friend,  there have been moments in the past when friendship was not as highly prized as it is now.  Many missed opportunities.

I like to think of self as a work in progress.  Quick learner.  Long gone are the dark periods when I beat up on meself.  Have long since learned that there be folks who think kindly toward and like having me round for a spell.

There was a great deal of anger felt toward some members of me family met late in life.  I went out of me way to let them know how I felt.  Along with the anger was blame placed on.  That was most unkind.  Truth be told, there is little doubt that the actions of me birth mother ruined more lives then mine.  They, like the old geezer, had to find their own places in the world, deal with own let downs.

I do not know the other children my mother had, have no clue what lives they live or what there hopes are.  They are no more a part of my life than I am of theirs.  I have created my own sort of family, made up of folks who have taken the time to discover who I am and what I am made up of.  They have shared the good times with me as well as been there during the rough patches.  You might well say that in the end I came upon the family I deserved.

My dears, the road taken never looked brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment