Friday, March 28, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

The old geezer thinks that a half priced cake to give to folks known is good enough.  The thinking being that I can not taste it, what do I care if the cake is a little stale...
Right, you have got to imagine the old geezer sitting down to the birthday cake and seeing the fire that will happen due to all of the candles lighted on the cake.
Do you not just love thoughtful birthday gifts?  All of the items that make getting through another year more easy.
There will some who will find this cake a bit much.  Rather think it suits MOI perfectly.  When I saw the cake, it made me laugh...
More items to mark the big day.
There be a group of mates who feel that having a birthday celebration at the graveyard is perfect.  Sort of a dry run for the day when the hole in the ground is me final resting place.

Truth be told, all of the snaps are a bit of a giggle.  I am going to go to supper with a group of friends and am quite sure that the celebration will rank right near the top as a perfect birthday happening.

How the years fly by.  Someone told MOI that it was horrid to grow old.  Rubbish.  I may not be able to do some of the things that could be done when younger but now have more tools to cope with life.  Each day is an adventure.  What wonderful people I have met during the last year.  Friendships have become stronger.

Just think of all the wondrous things that await me in the coming year.

I am so happy this day as I am reminded by folks dear to that I am special.  I like that feeling very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment