Friday, March 7, 2014

VERY INTERESTING

Truth be told, poor Albert did not get this theory right.

This old geezer adores his 'alone' time but it has its limits.  Being a 'loner' can be a drag.  You know me well enough to be 'au fait' with my wanting to tell you more...

There are some folks well known to who push this 'loner' business too far.  Have one dear mate who sits in front of the telly day after day and does nothing.  Wonders why there is no 'life' in his life.  Wonders why the battle with the 'bottle' wins all of the time.

There is another dear mate who has perfected being 'alone' to the point that everything in his life is without people.  He eats alone, lives alone, walks alone.

I do not have a problem being 'alone'.  I spend loads of time by myself.  BUT, it is a most interesting part of me day to get up, slash water on me face and get out and see folks.  Could well have me morning coffee at home, but having it at a local shoppe is far more interesting.  Get to see other folks who are getting ready to face the day.  I love chatting with the young chap who has baked me bagel.

Then there is the simple joy of visiting with another person much enjoyed.  We never chat about earth moving things but you can be sure that there will be a few giggles shared.

More than a few times folks have wrote to the old geezer and asked how he meets so many interesting people.  The answer is simple.  I am more than willing to listen to the stories of the folks round.  There are some met who are not worth knowing, but you never get to know that if you do not try and discover.  Many is the time real gold has been found in chance meeting with folks found in the path of life.

I had enough 'alone' in me childhood to last a lifetime.  Have found most of the best times had have been times shared with others.

As for me mate who spends too much time alone.  I will keep trying to draw out...

No comments:

Post a Comment