Sunday, March 30, 2014

66 REASONS TO BE HAPPY

 I will tell true, the warm glow of me birthday is still about me.  66 may not be as ancient an age as some, but it is an age that was in doubt of achieving.  Turn the numbers up side down and it may well come to pass that the old geezer will be still pounding on his keyboard at age 99.  Now that is a scary thought...
While it may be true that the old geezer is not the handsome devil he once was, there is still much to admire in the looks department.  Life has been kind, the signs of age are gentle...
 I am gobsmacked at how well folks knew me and gifted with things that were a joy to receive.  Not a bad gift in the lot.  I am deeply touched by the Hawaiian quilt received from a lovely lady.  That she made the quilt with me in mind is ever so touching.  I also received a plant from another lovely lady.  The sort of plant I so love.
 Who knew that 66 was going to be so grand?  Just think what would have been missed if the old geezer had given up.
 I am so blessed that my jar is too full to close.
I will have to ponder the gift of 2 dollar bills received.
I wonder if I can bottle the feelings of the last day.  Like a bottle of very expensive cologne, one can dap a little on self in the days ahead and recapture the high...

No comments:

Post a Comment