Saturday, May 7, 2011

WORD WORK


I always write with the idea that what I put out there is going to stay there. Once I publish something, it has been published. I never delete more than one or two posts from my site. I don't think that there are takebacks. I don't feel right about it.

If you want to write you must have faith in yourself. Faith enough to believe that if a thing is true about you, it is likely true about many people. And if you can have faith in your integrity and your motives, then you can write about yourself without fear.

'There is nothing to write about, you say. Well then, write and let me know just this - that there is nothing to write about; or tell me in the good old style if you are well. That's right. I am quite well.'Pliny the Younger

Speaking plainly, without Brit speak and colourful words, in the hopes that some new readers understand better why this old geezer does what he does. However flattering it is to be read by so many, it has always been a private delight, a cherished chore.

As to the many questions asked of multi-sidedness, the old geezer can only reply with a favoured quote from Walt Whitman;

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment