Friday, May 6, 2011

'THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW'


The old geezer had an appointment with his doctor this morn. Falling down and causing harm to leg did not get to jump the queue, feeling was it could wait...

Avid readers of me blog are 'au fait' with me bad bones.  Not helped along when a chair collapses from under and sends crashing to the floor.  Since MOI was able to get up, the hip was not cracked and there were no broken bones.  There was swelling and much pain (I do tend to not deal well with throbbing pain).  A brace had been got and leg was put up, but the leg was still not working well.

There are now two braces on leg.  Seems the fall produced muscle and ligament sprain and bruising.  It will take a bit to get it sorted out, the feeling being in a week, the worst should have passed.  This old geezer is under strict orders to keep off leg and elevate it as much as possible.  The braces will provide tension and help with mobility when needed.  There are some very strong pills to go with as well.  Nothing like being fogged over...

Lucky I be that me suite is now on ground floor.  Will have to stay off the grand staircase for a bit.  I do want to be well, and not following instructions will do no good at all.  I do not do 'sick' well'.

So much the bad news of the visit to doctor.  It gets better.

Test of me blood sugar revealed a 75 level, am told that is lovely, as was blood pressure.

Drum roll if you please....

Have not checked weight since last at office, that being 3 months ago.  I have lost 21.3 pounds.  Fancy that.  The Big Kahuna keeping me chained to the water wheel and a small bowl of porridge is working.

Truth be told, The Big Kahuna does no such thing, he does however allow me to help out and 'Tea  and Tidy' is one heck of a healthy routine.  Coupled with eating sensibly.

What with the fitting of me hearing aid next week, and a through scan of me head for on-going ear problems, this old geezer is a regular medical marvel.

Now where is me cane...

No comments:

Post a Comment