Thursday, March 24, 2011

WHAT GOOD IS SITTING ALONE....


It has been noted by a wicked mate to this old geezer that much related is by way of a Broadway tune. Fancy that...

My dears, as the tune suggest, there is no future in sitting alone in a room someplace feeling 'blue'.  To quote Wilde; 'either the wallpaper goes or I go.'  Mind poor Oscar was feeling like death and wanted to depart. You be 'au fait' with the feelings of this old geezer, my departure from the adventure of life is 'on hold'.

Where ever you the reader may be, it is possible to create much excitement in life.  One has to but open a few windows or doors and let the music of life in.

This old geezer is most fortunate, the load music of life surrounds daily.  Helped along no doubt by the extraordinary circumstances of where me hat hangs.  Mind, all would be for naught if one kept to self.

So I bang on endlessly of the hostel, what of it, I rather think the cacophony of fun loving visitors is most soothing.  Makes one remember the adventures of old and discover a few new ones.

Just the other day, two lovely ladies from Oregon, showed a bonnet bought.  A most 'pink' bonnet.  What made it so very special was that it was woven entirely of paper.  I never...

I rather think that folks on holiday are no different than folks toiling away back home.  How sad that some do not venture out of their comfort zone.  Rather odd to travel to an island and sit in front of a computer chatting with mates on Facebook. 

I must remind self of the saying inked on the arm of a guest just departed, 'Carpe Diem', even if the weather is a wee bit horrid, there are still adventures to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment