Sunday, March 27, 2011

BIRTHDAY MUSES


My dears, do you not muse from time to time?

As I walked to me favoured place for a morning cuppa I caught meself doing just that.  What with the happenings planned for this day and all.  As usual, a clever tune from a film remembered sprang into me loaf.  Fancy that...

As this old geezer sees it, it is the giving back, not the taking, in life that matters most.  How many lovely birthdays shared do I recall.  Many...

I remember celebrating John's birth, in so many different ways.  He is much remembered.  As is Paul.

I remember seeing the pure joy on the face of little Jimmy, two years past.  He was most fortunate, being able to celebrate his birth and Christmas all in the same period.  Wee little lad with so much wonder about.  As I recall of his dad, James the senior.  Massive chap with a kind heart.  Makes one proud to know that he, James, has made good on the gifts given and is now doing good in his part of the world.

I must tell true, I am looking forward to this day and tomorrow, me 'official' birthday, with undiluted pleasure.

Stay tuned, the thoughts are not through flowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment