Tuesday, March 22, 2011

'GASP' DECLINED

My dears, even a visit to local petrol station is fodder for me blog...

As this old geezer is want to do each morn, a trip to me local petrol station was made.  Craving a lovely cup of coffee is the main reason but am fond of chatting with the lovely lady who labours there.

Bit of a rush this AM have me queue up behind a lady who was in dire need of a gasp.  Shaking as she wrote a check, she waited with bated breath as the 'worthiness' of the piece of paper was checked.  It was declined and the lady left the store.  I, on the other hand, purchased me cuppa and headed to pavement to enjoy me own ciggies.  The smokeless lady seemed to be one of Hilo's homeless, as she was cross road at the neighbourhood homeless drop-in centre.  Curious I was when she re-entered the petrol station and again tried to get her packet of ciggies.  This time she used a bank card.  This too was declined.

Rather smugly, this old geezer went back for second cuppa and was rewarded with a coupon for a 'FREE' chocolate bar.  Doubly blessed I be, having received a 'FREE' first cuppa, only to be more richly rewarded for me patronage.

Being ever so clever with me cash, I use a customer loyalty card at the petrol station and the 'FREE' items add up.  I do so love to start day with a lovely gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment