Tuesday, March 29, 2011

C'est Moi, n'est-ce pas?

Dear reader, the great event that was me birthday has passed.  The day ended with the skies raining frogs down upon Hilo, a sign surely from the heavens that what the trials of year were have been washed away to make way for a more different year to come.

This old geezer is of the opinion that he is noteworthy.  A gentleman of exceptional fare.  'C'est Moi'...

Are we not all capable of being a bit full of self.  Should we not be.  What is the game in wallowing in self pity and low self esteem?

I have survived.  There were many who doubted that this old geezer would make it this far or achieve any thing of value.  How very easy it would have been to given into a self fulfilling prophecy.

I did not arrive at this point in time without a little help from trusted friends.  Me path of life has been lined with folks who took opportunity to champion me cause.  A mentor who helped get a superior education, gifted teachers, a long time companion much loved, clever people who shared the secret of cleverness with.

There be the compassionate folks who taught the art of giving back.  The fighters who instilled a bit of mettle in me backbone.

C'est Moi.  I do bang on a bit.  Is it not better to proclaim brilliance than to go on endlessly about tragic circumstances?  I rather think that the colours picked by this old geezer to highlight self, while loud to some, do suit rather well.

Truth be told, I am all too aware of short comings.  This old geezer is not the last word in IT, but am quite comfy with being in the higher numbers of...

So long as every attempt is made to surround self with brilliant folks who help to add to rather than detract from life, this old geezer will continue to thrive, of this I have no doubt.  I matter, to meself and to the folks who have come to mean something to.  There is an obligation to continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment