Sunday, March 6, 2011

RUMPOLE VISITS HILO


Dear reader, I must let you in on one of my wicked habits.  I confess to giving most liked a moniker.  It helps to remember the lovely folks met on the path of life.  You, who are 'au fait' with MOI know that there be many met who become treasured memories.

Recently, I had the great good fortune to meet a lovely man who was on holiday with his two young sons, aged 7 and 14.  The lovely chap is a lawyer.  Fancy that.  I told him that I would more than like call him 'Rumpole', at least in private.

The hostel was booked up and Rumpole and his two sons had to share digs with this old geezer.  Was a bit of learning on the part of all.  Mind, the boys were well mannered and the legal chap was no party animal, it was going to be early nights and early departures.  A perfect fit.

My dears, not all who check into the hostel are short of cash backpackers.  There be many who want a holiday filled with adventure.  I rather think that Rumpole wanted to give his two sons a real adventure.

Days were filled with taking in the sights, as were some of the nights, by visiting the world famous observatory located on the island.

Rumpole also was game enough to take his sons to local, and I do mean 'local', eateries.  They loved it.  As well as all of the local fruit that could be got at the local farmer's market.

Rumpole made an impression, as did his well mannered sons.  A lovely family.

As these things go, one never knows if paths will cross again.  This old geezer got lucky.  Rumpole took a snap of and emailed to.  This gave email address and was able to forward a story to from this blog.  Gobsmacked I was to read a comment left by Rumpole.  How grand is that?

My dears, it is that simple.  Reach out and touch and you get touched back.  Life to too short to brush off the stories waiting to be heard from lovely folks met.  One has to do it.

I have no doubt that Rumpole will return to Hawaii.  When is not known but in the meantime, I have met another lovely person and got one more reader to me blog....

1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed... this is the type of info I was looking for. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete