Tuesday, March 15, 2011

'Til Him'



My dears, call it cheap sentimentality or an over active desire to be dramatic with the Broadway show tunes, I just had to share a little heart pull with you today.

I returned home last night to find that the Birthday Fairy had delivered an early present. Me birthday is not until the 28Th of the month, but who is counting? Actually, I am...

In front of me door was a most brilliantly wrapped package, with a card with. Taking it in, I first went to the card. Say what you will about email, texting and twitter or even Facebook, nothing but nothing s ever going to replace the thrill of holding in hand a card that someone has expressed self on. I can see all of the eyes roll up at that comment, the old geezer is having a 'Hallmark' moment. I am...

With me heart in me throat, Gently pulled off the wrapping paper of gift. I was a most excellent gift, something very thoughtful and sure to bring endless hours if not years of pure pleasure to. A gift that will bring to mind the giver for many a moon to come. I am over the moon at the gift and the gift giver.

For you who be 'Au Fiat' with the style of this old geezer, the use of the above tune will need no explanation, to newbies none will be given. At my age, it is too late to view the world any differently than the way presently comfy with. It may well be that I like being a throwback to a gentler time.

Avid readers of me blog will be clever enough to know that the giver and the gift will not be revealed. That is just the way of it...

No doubt a trip to a shop is required this day, one has to have a little help with the card. Dearly wish I was clever enough to make one, have mates who are but...

I am going to have a lovely day due in no small measure to my appreciation for my good fortune at having such a brilliant friend.

1 comment:

  1. This old fart, we call robert is deserving in whatever he gets, only good things , i mite add.

    With know one else but my wife, MR. Robert...Made my 35 B-day one to remember,
    so not as rich i should be at my age, i should dig deep, to get the old GEEZER something.
    HAPPY EARLY B-DAY FROM THE (RHOADS FAMILY)

    ReplyDelete