Sunday, March 27, 2011

BIRTHDAY WISHES


Faithful readers will be 'au fait' with this old geezer's blatant display of birthday mood.  For the past few years, the big day has come and gone with much fanfare, mostly on me part...

Feeling somewhat regal, MOI has decided to have the official celebrations day early.  Point of fact, it makes perfect sense in Hawaii, as the whole world knows we be on different time. My nearest and dearest will have it much easier to help the old geezer make note of a new year in life.

' Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.'DavidCopperfield  Being a very public diarist has its rewards, one has the satisfaction of hearing back from the folks one touches with writing.  If one is honest, and this old geezer like to think of self as honest, what one reveals for the diary will be a true account so far is allowed by the knowledge known to the writer.  There be many things shared with the dear reader over the past years, giving a clever follower of diary all needed to check back. 

I feel it is only fair to warn that this old geezer has worn copy of 'David Copperfield' opened to reference me most favoured quotes from.  Charles Dickens  is highly valued as authour and this old geezer has enjoyed a life long love of his books.

'My meaning simply is, that whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do well; that whatever I have devoted myself to, I have devoted myself to completely; that in great aims and in small, I have always been thoroughly in earnest.'.....  This year, more than others, the quote drawn from Dickens bears fuller meaning.  After a bad fall from the path of life, this old geezer has pulled self up, brushed off and gone on with journey.  Mind, me path has been made clearer by the good fortune of meeting up with most excellent guides.  With help, what one believes to be of import has been revealed.

'Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!'

Truth be told, I have been much blessed.  Blessed in  always getting the very best of advice from.  When it appeared that MOI had gone off his game, the shout from the remembered pages of 'Copperfield' sprang out from the encouragement of folks close to.  It would seem that this old geezer is not prone to having mates who be shy in telling true what one must do.  Brilliant.

Pray forgive me moments of profoundness, it seems to come upon me at times when I try to mark the passing years.  It truly does not suit MOI to pontificate...

As you no doubt have discovered by listening to the filmed bit, I am at heart this day going to be a bit silly.  I will no doubt eat too much food and have more than one slice of cake.  What is the purpose of a diet if not to place on hold for a day...  I will bask in the good cheer of the day.

Trifles make the sum of life....

No comments:

Post a Comment