Sunday, April 27, 2014

KINDNESS

As is oft the case, I was in bed wondering what was going to be the theme of this morning's post.  Out of the blue came a single word., 'kindness'.....  Lovely word, is it not?

KINDNESS.  I am not talking about the silly kind.  I am talking about the random acts of kindness we have in us that make a difference in the live round us and in our own.

If you stop and think on it, bet there have been many, many you may have overlooked.

"No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves."

I know that I am the sum total of all of the kindness received.  Were it not for the many kindnesses received, this old geezer would have turned out quite differently.  Now an again, I have to stop meself and remember that.  It takes the bite out of me words and makes me strive to be a better person.  That is not to say that kindness is always well received.  Either be me, or the person I am trying to be kind to.  

I like to think I am a work in progress.  As time goes on, the 'kindness' in me will get stronger and stronger.  I hope I never forget that were it not for kindness received, me world would be very mean.

I was going to list acts of kindness.  Name folks.  That would be silly, would it not?  Do you not think that the people known to me, already know?

Funny thing about 'kindness', it makes you feel so damn good.


No comments:

Post a Comment