Friday, April 18, 2014

EASTER REMEMBERED

 If you can believe, the rather large bunny is MOI....

The lovely lady is Barbara and the gent is me good mate James.  The year was 2009 and we had got together to present Easter Basket to the children that lived in the apartment complex run by the old geezer.  Barbara had spent the night filling baskets, basket that she filled with loads of sweets she contributed to the event.  James was sort of the 'armed guard', to protect the Easter Bunny from the rushing hoards of children.

James had a little one who was quite scared of the Easter Bunny, until he realized that it was the fat old geezer in costume....
 One of my most treasured memories of Easter is visiting Robert in his flat.  Robert was terminal and had not got out much over the last year of his life.  I will forever remember the roar of laughter coming from Robert when he saw me enter.  A really lovely man who has since died.
The chap pictured with MOI is Paul.  Paul was me helper.  In another poor neighbourhood, Paul pushed two trolleys filled with Easter Baskets for the children.   One little boy came up to Paul and asked if it really was the Easter Bunny.  He said that the Easter Bunny had never visited his neighbourhood before.

I may well be just a silly old man but I want to try and bring a few smiles to folks.  Truth be told, it makes me feel so good doing things for other people...

No comments:

Post a Comment