Sunday, July 18, 2010

ADVERT WINS NO CLIO BUT IT WORKED





Friday afternoon, while walking round the Marysville Peach Festival, this old geezer spied a Marysville Councilperson, seeking re-electing, walking about in a brilliant white shirt with the Marysville logo.  Fancy that.

Not wanting to be out done, this old geezer came home and made up his own T-Shirt.  This old geezer was going to have a T-Shirt for Saturday.

DISCLAIMER:  T-Shirt was a item of personal clothing and words applied were done with a magic marker already owned and used for everyday purposes.  NO monies were spent of a campaign nature.

The walking advert is a bit crude, but it worked.  It got noticed to the point that folks asked to take a snap of.

More important, it got folks to chat with MOI and more important, to add signatures to nomination papers..

I can tell the whole world that as of Saturday, I had far more signatures than required for nomination papers.

Truth be told, the lovely folks who signed me papers did not do so with purpose of voting for.  That comes later.  They signed the papers knowing that it is time for city council members in Marysville to stop getting a FREE ride.  Yuba County Board of Supervisor. John Nicoletti, signed my papers as well as the sitting council person's papers.  He did so without supporting this old geezer.  Mr. Nicoletti only wanted to level the playing field.

The snaps of T-Shirt 'to be' are much more clever.  As is the ball cap.  Mind, while the items are queued up ready to be ordered, they have not.  I have not spent one dime on my bid for office so far.  But I will.

T-Shirts, ball caps, placards and other campaign items will be paid for out of me own pocket.  I will accept no campaign contributions from anyone.  By August 6th, I will know if I will have to click the button and pay $1,800.00 for T-Shirts, $874.00 for ball caps, $1,000.00 for placards. 

I wonder if 'pot holders' would be a nice touch.....

No comments:

Post a Comment