Tuesday, October 14, 2014

SUSAN BOYLE CONCERT THOUGHTS

 To my mind, Susan Boyle is best remembered as a plain ordinary older woman who surprised people with her voice.  Will forever remember her as she appeared on the talent show in the UK.  I beleive that was her charm and the reason she captured the imagination of the world.
Susan Boyle dressed up in outfits that clearly do not work miss the mark.  It just does not look like Susan Boyle.

I received loads of emails from folks who felt I was down on Susan.  I am not.  I just Susan to 'knock my socks off', 'rock the house'.  My view is that she did not do that in San Francisco.

Years ago I remember going to a Barbara Cook concert.  Barbara Cook had been a Broadway star.  She was a pretty little thing.  Over the years, Barbara put on a massive amount of weight.  She was massive.  But she still sang like a bird.

Her concert was her solo on stage with only a pianist.  No fancy lights and no drama.  Just Barbara doing her thing.

What stage presence.  She worked the audience like a champ.  She knew the audience loved her and she wanted the audience to feel her love for them.  She gave several WOW moment and made the audience beg for more.

I left that concert more in love with Barbara Cook than ever.  Every time I played one of her albums, I relived that evening at the concert.  The warm feeling I had stayed with me.  Does to this day.

Susan Boyle walked out onto the talent show stage in UK and changed her life.  She WOWED the whole world.  I know she has it in her.  Just not going to happen with this tour of America.


1 comment: