Wednesday, August 6, 2014

GIFT OF TIME IS PRICELESS

You, who are 'au fait' with the postings of the old geezer, know that MOI thinks a great deal...

Last night, as I drifted off to sleep, the thought of 'time' came to me.  The idea of how it was spent and what it meant at the end of the day.

Having buckets of 'time' I try to share it with the folks cared about.

Truth be told, the old geezer feels he shares and spends 'time well.  Mind, there are some known to who seem to do a superior job of it.  Like the old lady met in Atlanta years ago.  She was living in a retirement home and spent loads of time reading stories to children.  So much time, she was called the 'Story Book Lady'.  She wanted to feel connected and felt this was something she could do, enriching her life and the lives of others.

Time is the one gift that I can give daily.  Makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I bring smiles to faces of folks known and newly met.  Right, sometimes me sharp tongue is not appreciated but that is a character flaw I am working on...

Just love to hear Patty and Alan roar with laughter at something said.  Am quite partial to hitting the mark in a post and receiving emails from folks who have been touched.


No comments:

Post a Comment