Tuesday, August 12, 2014

WHAT A WASTE


Robin Williams takes his own life.  Suicide.  What a waste.

Rumour has it that he was much troubled by money worries.  That he was fighting depression.

I know a thing or two about depression.  I also know a thing or two about suicide.  The first time I tried to kill myself I was a boy.  Twice more, I thought 'checking out' was the answer to my problems.

Truth be told, I am very happy that I did not get my wish and die.  Just think what I would have missed.

True, life has been a series of trials, but then it is meant to be.  It takes real courage to keep going on.

I have known three people who have killed self.  There is not a day that goes by that I wonder how different things would have been, if they had just held on.  What adventures they have missed.

Tragic it is, that a very funny man chose to leave us sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment