Thursday, February 6, 2014

SALUTE TO A GOOD FRIEND


I suddenly realized that ... this man... this man...
No one every made me feel like someone
'Til him
Life was really nothing but a glum one
'Til him 
My existence bordered on the tragic
Always timid, never took a chance
Then I felt his magic
And my heart began to dance 
I was always frightened, fraught with worry...
'Til him
I was going nowhere in a hurry
'Til him
He filled up my empty life
Filled it to the brim
There could never ever be
Another one...like him 


And there is more.....

I like him, I really like him. 
Tear out my fingernails one by one, I like him! 
I don't have a very good reason, 
Since I've been with him, 
Cuckoo-nuts have been in season... 
But there's nothing I can do, 
Chop me up for onion stew, 
Still I'll yell to the sky 
Though I can't tell you why, 
That I like him! 

 I like him, I really like him. 
Pluck me naked as a scalded chicken, 
I like him! 
Don't ask me for why or wherefore, 
'Cause I don't have a single good 
"Because" or "therefore!" 
You can barbecue my nose. 
Make a giblet of my toes, 
Make me freeze, make me fry. 
Make me sigh, make me cry. 
Still I'll yell to the sky, 
Though I can't tell you why. 
That I like him



No comments:

Post a Comment