Wednesday, February 12, 2014

LOVE CHANGES EVERYTHING


My dears, do you stop and ponder "Love" from time to time?
Hang on, before you roll eyes and cluck tongues, give it a think on. I did, just the other day.
I was chatting with a new person met and was asked if I would ever allow self to 'love' again. Had to think on that a bit, I did.
Over two decades ago, the love of me life died. I was gutted. It has taken many years to ease the pain of the parting. While I no longer drag a coffin round, there is not a day that passes that I do not remember what was lost.
Love was not something I gave into much in me life. Given the beginning of me life, it was natural for me to feel that 'love' was not something I knew much about or was likely to know intimately in the future. Very closed I was to the whole idea.
I came to love me dad late in life. It was a joy to find out that he had loved me and thought he had done well by me. My birth mother had other ideas and her actions caused me much pain.
Do not get me started on the 'love' shown to this old geezer as a wee lad by the catholic nuns entrusted with me care. Very doubtful they had a clue as to how to give a wee lad the love required to make his soul quiet.
I have been most fortunate. Twice in life, there was someone who 'loved' this old geezer unconditionally.
While 'open' to the idea of 'love', it is not something I go chasing down the road. If it finds me and hits me over the head, I will embrace it. Not completely daft am I. Just not going to set self up with 'great expectations' to be dashed by one who is out to get over on. Horrid it is to lie about affections. Truth be told, there be many who do.
Love does change everything. Spot on that is. I like to think that in many small ways MOI has tried to give more love than received. Why allow hate to rule. Far too much of that.
I do love. That pure kind of love we all are capable of giving. I love mates. Love the lovely ladies met local. Love the idea of living in small town America. Love country. Love God.
It is the physical love that escapes MOI. Always has. Mind, having been celibate for years, it does not bother, BUT, how grand it might be to know the shudder and roar of it. Right, the very idea of this old geezer having a shag is far too gross for many to grasp. Truth be told, it is for me as well.
Mind, feeling the earth move, and I do not mean an earthquake, would be a novel idea at me age.
Love. Do any of us truly understand how it works?

No comments:

Post a Comment