Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'M DYING HERE...




Me symptoms are cough, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, and sneezing, muscle aches, fatigue, malaise, headache, muscle weakness, and exhaustion. Fever even!

The cold I thought was gone, came back with might yesterday.  As day wore on, I became more and more ill.  By the time I returned home, I was in horrid shape.  All hell broke loose.  I had to made a plea for help to me friend Francesca.  I do not drive and was in need of relief.  There had to be an over the counter medicine that could provide some relief.

There are no medications or herbal remedies proven to shorten the duration of illness.Treatment is symptomatic support usually via analgesics for fever, headache and myalgia, nasal decongestants, and lozenges for sore throat.   Having said that, I just wanted something to help me sleep, to be able to breathe.

I am an Asthmatic, it is important that I not allow my ability to catch breath  go too low.  I am not a pretty sight with blue lips and on the floor gasping like a fish out of water.

Francesca had offered to take me to hospital.  How sweet.  However, it was a done deal with the cold and there was no point is sitting in a waiting room for hours, spreading germs and being told to go home and take fluids and get rest.

My dears, the letter S on costume I wear is not for SUPERMAN but STUPID!  I bloody well knew that I had a cold.  Was sure that force of will could keep it in check and I could charge into the new year.  Not sure if it was the horrid air in a flat being repaired or just having pushed self too hard.  What I know for saure is that last night was a rough one.  My chest hurts from the coughing and I am very, very down in the dumps.  Me throat is sore as well.  Right, do you think if I keep playing the violin it will get me sympathy?

Poor Francesca will have to deal with folks today by self.  Much as I would like to be in the office, it is not going to happen.  I know when I am beat.  Bloody hell, I can not even talk!  Now that is horrid!!!

I am going to be in bed clothes all day.  I am not going to leave flat.  I am going to be a bleeden nightmare for Paul all day.

That is just the way of it.  I do not wish to give others this cold.  Do forgive if there is no further news bulletin with regards to the state of me health.  I truly do believe I am dying here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment