Thursday, March 26, 2015

TIME FLIES


The handsome man in the snap above is the old geezer when he was 39 years old.  That be the chap with brown hair, the other was my companion, who has been dead these past 27 years.

I have been very fortunate in life.  I have known real love and I have enjoyed many wondrous adventures.  I have no reason to believe that the adventures are still coming my way.

I look very happy in the snap.  Truth be told I am quite happy now.  Life is working out well.  I have no real complaints.

I have taken on some challenges of late.  Challenges that will keep me active and might make some positive changes in the lives of people around me.

My relationship with Hawaii has always been a good one.  However oft I left, I have always returned.  This is where John's ashes are and there is no other place that has such ALOHA.  My fortunes have gone up and down but I have always wanted to end my days in Hawaii.  Recent changes have made it likely that I will.  I am pleased about that.

I have never had large number of friends.  I consider myself lucky that I have friends of long standing that love me just the way I am.

There are some who want to get over on me.  That is not going to happen.  I am content with my circle of friends and have no desire to be the most popular person in Waikiki.

Today is Prince Kuhio Day, a holiday in Hawaii.  Seems altogether fitting that the big parade is scheduled for Saturday.  How lovely that they will be having a parade on my birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment