Friday, November 14, 2014

SOUND THE GONG, ANOTHER BIRTHDAY


It seems of late as if there is a birthday to celebrate every other week.  Not really, but close.....

My good friend John will be 69 today.  To celebrate, we are going to go to supper.  Have already blessed him with a 12 pack of his favourite beer and will give him another keepsake at supper.

What I admire most about John is his ability to keep going strong, even when the cards of life have not been kind.  John lost his beloved wife and has had some serious health issues.  Nothing kept him from doing his retirement job and being of good cheer most days.

I just know that John will have a lovely time this evening and he and I shall raise a glass and drink to his health.  Mind, I aim to have a few glasses of wine...

1 comment:

  1. The Golden SnitchSeekerNovember 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM

    It's now known that 2 is your limit.

    ReplyDelete