Saturday, November 22, 2014

CUPPA WITH ATTITUDE


I am not a fan of the 'Evil Empire' AKA 'Starbucks', even so, I was gobsmacked that a lady in New York recently received her cuppa with "BITC." written on the take away cup.  Who would do such a thing at 'Starbucks'??  Surely not the ever so friendly baristas who rattle the tip jar on the counter as you fork over a small fortune for a cuppa.

Many moons ago in a different city, this old geezer would go to a Starbucks early in the AM, it was only place open at half 5, to get a cuppa and some toast.  Went every day I did.  Until a barista came up to and told that I was 'cheap', never put a donation into the 'tip' jar.  Went so far as to tell me that if I could not do that, perhaps I should go to McDonald's...

I marched out and rang up the main office and complained.  The barista was fired but I never went back to Starbucks.  I knew my business was not wanted.  I did not fit in with the fancy customers willing to pay high prices and leave huge tips.

The old geezer in the clip is a bit over the top.  Language is most colourful.  Mind, I doubt he will ever go back to have a cuppa at the 'Evil Empire'...

No comments:

Post a Comment