Sunday, May 25, 2014

NIGHT WRITING

Truth be told, I rather think I do me best writing in the wee hours of the morning.  To most, writing me thoughts at 3 in the morning is the middle of the night.

Right odd how that works.  I jump out of bed and turn on my brilliant machine and start to give words to the thoughts that have come to me during the sleep period.

Having done this for some time, I am of the opinion, and it may well be my opinion only, that the writing is best in the wee hours.  I do not always hit a home run, but the hits are more than the misses.

Why do I write?

I vent.  I share what is bothering me.  I share my hopes and dreams.  I like being a bit silly.

There was a time I used to scribble away in a diary.  It was a lovely lady, Dottie, who convinced me to start a blog and share with the whole world.  After 9 years, it is a habit.  A habit I rather enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment