Friday, May 30, 2014

DO NOT LET GO

There have been times in me life that I did not want to face another day, let alone seize it.  That was then and this is now...

The first time I tried to kill meself I was a little boy, the last time was a man of 40 plus.

Truth be told, I am right glad that I did not get it right.  Just think of all I would have missed.  True, there have ups and downs, and life has not always gone as I would have wanted it to.  I have lost folks dear to me and I have had some dark moments when the tears out numbered the laughs.  I am sure that be true of many.

I am a work in progress.  Of late things have been pretty grand.  Am more at peace with meself than I have ever been.  I like me.  More important, I know that there are folks who think I am pretty special and like me as well.  That is a good thing.

Rather think John would be proud of the man I have become.  John would be right pleased that I have gone on living.

No comments:

Post a Comment