Wednesday, May 7, 2014

GIVING WORDS TO THOUGHT


Tell true.  Do you ever wonder if what you say to folks is remembered?  I do.

Truth be told, am gobsmacked when it is.  Not the little silly stuff, but the really important things that are said to folks cared about.  The things that you tell that define who you are as a person.

I guess I have been lucky or am better at picking me friends than thought.  Came to give a think on this at breakfast the other day.  Two lovely people I like very much took me out for a cook up.  During the meal they told of how they remembered things told to them when first met and how it had helped them hang on until things improved.

Not only did the meal leave me in a good mood, the company made me feel good all day long.  Felt as if I had picked two new friends well.  It was a two way conversation, we all three heard what the other had to say.  Took the time to listen and remember the important stuff.

Mind, I seem to have a way with folks.......  You laugh.  True, there be some that do not take to the old geezer but I do make an impression...

No comments:

Post a Comment