Sunday, September 25, 2011

WICKEDLY CHEEKY UK CHAT SHOW


As a rule Chat Shows are not my cup of tea, BUT, that may well change as I have recently discovered and gone quite made for the Alan Carr Chat Show on Channel 4in UK.

Before mates had sent directions to this show to be found on YOUTUBE, this old geezer thought that Graham Norton was the most wickedly cheeky chat show host on the telly.  Openly gay and full of clever innuendo-laden jokes, Mr. Norton was both campy and flamboyant, in a way that Benny Hill could never be.

Move over on the couch Mr. Norton, the ever so campy Alan Carr takes the crown...

As you can see from the clip, Mr. Carr never misses a beat. Truth be told, it would appear that his guests do not either.  Just watch and listen to the clip.

In my day, I have watched many a chat show.  None come close to the good time had by tuning into this one.  One never knows who will turn up or what direction it will take.  Forget about Rosie or Ellen or any other person doing a chat show.  Even Jonathan Ross.

I know, I am over the moon for all things British.  In this case it would seem that the UK has done it up rather well.  There is nothing boring about the guests appearing on Alan's show.

For all of the lip service given to how well we do telly in America, it will never come to pass that a chat show on American telly will ever have so clever a host.  Let alone openly GAY.  I mean to tell you, there is no doubt that Alan is 'light in the loafers'.  What makes it all work is that guests, audience and Mr. Carr are in on the joke.

If you have not see Alan's show before, watch the clip and at the end you will have the option to see more.  I went through quite a few and will tell true, the laughs kept coming.  And the guests were most interesting.  I got a new respect for Justin Timberlake from watching him play off Alan.  Mr. Timberlake can do 'funny' and 'serious'.  There are loads more BIG American Stars that grace the couch on the chat show and they all seem to have quite a giggle.

It is pure rubbish telly and I love it.  I rather think you will as well, or I do not know me readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment