Monday, September 12, 2011

SAD NEWS

Andy Whitfield - Dead at 39 years
Was a shock to read in the Daily Mail that Andy Whitfield had lost his battle with Cancer.  He was but 39, and was of the opinion he was winning the battle.

The Big Kahuna once asked me if I like 'gladiator' films and I was quick to reply; "I do indeed."

Andy was Star of the telly series "Spartacus" and I, along with millions of other fans, watched it with delight.  Pure rubbish telly, but what a feast for the eye it was to see Andy do battle in every episode.

It will be the only thing to remember of the series.  Mind, there were costumes and a story line that held one glued to telly.  But it was Andy Whitfield's acting that made it very believable.

Whatever comes off in the continuation of the series will never quite take the place of his being gone.

He leaves behind a family in OZ and I do so hope that they do well in the future.  He will be missed.

1 comment: