Sunday, September 11, 2011

TEN YEARS ON AND STILL FRESHLY REMEMBERED

Fireman Mike Kehoe
The featured snap of Fireman Mike Kehoe will forever be my most vivid image of September 11th.

I had always assumed that Fireman Kehoe had died that day in the Tower.  He did not.  His company was pulled out when he was on the 28th floor and he and they survived, alond with the folks they helped get out of harm's way.  While he did not die, I have no doubt that he would have have he continued up the tower.  He did his job and was prepared to do it at the cost of his life.  Truth be told, that makes Frireman Kehoe in my book, even if he did not forfiet his life.  Truth be told, I am ever so glad that he lived and his doing so does not take away the image of bravery on the part of men and women that tragic day.

Every single time I journey by airline, I am reminded of how life changed that day in September.  I have a metal rod in my leg that requires me to subject self to the horrid pat down at the airport.  I rather think that will be the case for rest of my days.  It will always remind me of September 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment