Sunday, July 31, 2011

MOMENTS IN LIFE


However lame of leg and deaf of ear the old geezer be, Life has a way of getting through to, loud and clear.  With the new device in me ear, a wee bit too loud at times...

For the past two weeks, the old geezer has spent time with a lovely family much loved.  It is quite grand that even with many daily duties and trials, James and Chandra went out of way to keep the old geezer well attended.  No small trick that.  James is managing an apartment complex in a much troubled part of Sacramento and Chandra toils away in a long term medical facility for the terminally ill and long term care patients.  That is quite a lot on plate.  Then throw in 4 small children and the day is completely consumed.  Roll in an tiring old geezer and it is a wonder we still chat with one another.  Truth be told we get on like a house on fire.

Sadly, every visit has and ending and the visit to me lovely mates is drawing to a close.

Dunsmuir, Ca. calls.  With a population of just over 1600 souls, is quite the small hamlet.  The old geezer last visited Dunsmuir some 15 years ago and am told not much has changed.  The town still looks like a throw back to the 1920's and 1930's, with remarkable painted signage to boot.  From the viewpoint of a very devout papist, it is a wonder that there is a local Catholic church just up the road from where me new diggs will be located.  Fancy that.

2011 has been filled with many magic moments and it is not over yet.  One hardly knows what moment is or was best, the future may still throw a big one out.  Thanks in no small measure to the extraordinary kindness of mates who care for the old geezer, 2011 is going to be looked backed on with undiluted pleasure for many a year to come.  It is easy for the old geezer to feel 'all alone' but that is complete rubbish.  Rather think it has been a long time since I have been blessed to have so many caring for.  It takes some getting used to.

I rather think I do try to carry on, even if me medical problems get chatted up too much at times.  When viewed with all of the problems others have, me wee ones pale in comparison.

I have been vexed by the ill feeling held toward by one in Hilo.  My departure seems to have given rise to a bad taste in the mouth of the person known.  It may well be that my 'adult baggage' is too sordid to deal with.  Too right, it is.  I can not apologize for the parts of that make the sum total of me.  Will not even try.  I know from past dealings that one assumes, on the part of the chappie troubled, that it would now be convenient to lump the old geezer into the bin with all of the ungrateful who have crossed path.

Truth be told, the old geezer has his faults.  I tend to not like certain types of behaviour, make no concessions for, and tend to be rather rigid on that.  We are talking wicked behaviour and am not going to change views.  I have to let it go and move on.  At the moment, am feeling the vexation flow out...

The adventure continues.  The old geezer spent the other day on High Street getting prepared for the changed weather to be faced.  Rumour has it that the temp can go from high to low during the course of the day.  Coming from Hawaii, there were no jumpers in me Gladstone bag and that needed to be corrected.

With jumpers, long pants and a rather smart jacket, Dunsmuir will be faced with warmth...

At the end of the day, dear reader, the continued adventures of the old geezer will still fill the pages of me blog.  Not even close to telling all of the stories of folks met in Hawaii or the new ones yet to reveal self.  There will be many I rather think.  It may not all be put down quickly but times is one thing the old geezer has buckets of.

The only person who controls the content of me blog is MOI.  To some, it all about ME.  Oi, the be quite right, the blog is most personal diary shared with folks all over the world.  For better or worse...

I leave you this day with a much favoured axiom;

"I have been happy every hour of the day, my life is full, for I know I am loved."

1 comment:

  1. You should have realized this at your IHS day's
    remember your aches and pains are no differant than anybody else............I got my new hearing aid and love it and no problems ajusting to it {2 day's was all it took]knee's and back, I make due without telling the world that I'm getting older an accept it as part of life in the older demention.............Ron in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete