Thursday, February 10, 2011

LONG OVERDUE POST


Some weeks back the lamp went back on and this old geezer was no longer wandering round in the dark.  It is a bit hard to know where to start, so many tales have found themselves into me book of life.

As I am the writer, it might be just as well to tell stories as I find them, no order to them, hoping that you, the dear reader, will be able to weave whole cloth out of them.  Mind, have always been of the opinion that stories flow best and are best told when not forced.

This old geezer went through a rather long period in the company of the 'black dog', there was much truth to the point made in October about life changing with the death of Paul.  When last looked, the crowd round the pity pole was rather sorry, so will not labour the point by filling this site with endless tales of tears shed or hard times met.  It will have to be enough for me to tell you that I have come through the dark period with a better understanding of how the future will be met.

Many is the time I have told readers that it is my belief that I have had a most charmed life.  When things look darkest, there was always a door opened that brought light with and a renewed energy to carry on.  With that in mind, I want you, the reader, to sit back and allow this old geezer to tell you of special folks met in recent weeks.

I owe my re-invention to the kindness of strangers, now close mates.

Two chaps.  Terry and Scott.  Terry met me at one of the lowest points in my life.  I had all but lost hope that things would right self.  Taking me in and providing me with a purpose.   What had turned to custard was soon forgot and I was looking forward again.  Enter Scott.  Between the two of them, they made me come to see that beliefs held were still valid and I was not completely gone off me head.

I do not do 'alone' well, never have, never will.  It was through the kindness of Scott and Terry that I came to feel strong enough to pick up the pieces and march on.  What with the holidays coming, what could have been the meanest Christmas ever, turned into one the  most grand in a very long time.

Terry is not the most public of men.  Rather private.  With no hidden agenda, he did many small things to make me feel a part of a 'family'.  I think I could come to know Terry for many years and never quite 'know' him, that does not mean that I have not come to know he has a heart as big as the state of Texas.

Scott and this old geezer have had a few heartfelt conversations.  I told of some of my life experiences, the joy and the pain and Scott shared some of his as well.  Were I to feel put upon in the future, it will have to be tempered by thought of some of the things Scott shared with me.

Early in life, Scott began fighting to keep living.  Struck with a rather nasty form of cancer, it was not thought that life would be long.  Beating the odds multiple times, Scott has gone on to have a family and a most productive life.  Along the way he fine tuned his 'social conscience', never taking anything or anyone met for granted.

I thought I had pluck, having met Terry and Scott, now know that there be at least two who have far more than this old geezer.  It is one thing to say that one stops to listen to the stories of life round and to meet up with two who not only listen but act upon the feelings roused by the stories.  It would be ever so easy to brush off or walk round some the things learned.

My dears, if you get the feeling that I have gone soft, you be wrong.  I am trying to reveal my strong feels for two who have come to mean much to, without going all gooey or painting a picture of saints.  Truth be told, I am much different and the experiences had these past months are where blame lies...

I am sitting here re-reading what I have shared and am of the opinion that many who are 'au fait' with me style will think me a bit strange.  Would it make it any easier if I told true that there be a large part of me that is not quite ready to reveal all.  Bit silly, coming from one who has shared so much with so many in the past.

I first started a public diary of me life to share the struggle of one person trying to make a difference in a community that had fallen on hard times.  It went on to include my dealings with elected officials.  I am still passionate about many of the same things; homelessness, benefit cheats, do nothing public officials and non-caring members of the community.  I am still very passionate about Civic Pride and Moral Responsibility.

I am in a different space and time.  After so many fights to right wrongs, now it my time to do some of the more pleasant tasks in life.  Like meeting folks who are upbeat and willing to walk through life with a keen interest in learning something new every day.  I rather think that that will be the new direction of my diary.

Self serving it might sound to encourage all of me readers to stay tuned, and hold back on the tales to come.

Truth be told, you have not been told much so far and am quite sure that as the stories roll out, you will be gobsmacked.  I would make book on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment