Tuesday, February 15, 2011

'LESS IS MORE'

Avid followers of me blog might recall this snap from a post last year.  I had gone to Honolulu with someone who turned out to be 'a piece of work'.  In many ways it way the trip from hell, 10 days sharing space with a person who was hellbent on destroying self.  Mind, he lack the courage and thought that drinking massive amounts of alcohol would do the trick.  It did not and it came to pass that his return to reality was a date with the courts to deals with what was his trouble.  Talk about one's life turning to custard, this chap did it in total fashion.  Right, so I am going on a bit...

The snap was taken at a shop that sells Aloha wear and other things.  I was not a 400X but not small either.  I had already taken off a fair amount of bulk but there was more to come.  I have not taken snaps of self since last year, wanted to wait until the 'new' MOI appeared.  Would you believe that since October 2009 I have taken off a massive amount of weight.  Am happy to report that I am no long as large as I was in this snap.  Bloody hell, I do go on a bit...

Truth be told, there is less of me than there was.

I was going somewhere with this post.  I do tend to get lost at times.  Bear with MOI, I am trying...

What I have come to realize these past few months is that that which I carry within is the most dear, all of the rest can be replace, and can not be taken with in the end.  Sounds silly but so true.  How oft have I met folks who tend to put off positive change due to not wanting to deal with 'moving on' as they have too much stuff to deal with.  It has been my good fortune to come cross a few special folks who have re-enforced that belief.
I have settled in Hawaii.  A small town on the Big Island of Hawaii.  There is not a massive amount going on, it is very small town.  And it tends to rain a bit.  Can rain as much as 150 inches a year.

I was in pain and took the chance that some might be able to help.  I wanted to re-capture that spirit of ALOHA I had found so many years ago.  I can report that I have been the recipient of much ALOHA.  It is a bit overwhelming.

What works for me does not have to work for others.  That is the way of it.  I know that there will be many who will not understand why I felt the need to distance self.  I did what I needed to do to sort out the future.  It came with some hardship but in the end my feeling proved right.  I had returned to that patch of earth that would heal me.

I am of the opinion that I have sorted self out well enough to start the flow of stories my many readers seem to enjoy.  I warn one and all that I have gone from trying to save others to saving meself.  Tend to think that my telling of that process will be of interest as well.  From the emails received on the few posts of late, it would seem that many are willing to see where I go from here.  One lovely lady wrote that she was right mad to not have a post to read every day.   She has mobility problems and used me blog as a window she could peek in.  I am very honoured.

I also want to draw attention to James Rhoads. Lovely chap with a lovely wife and children.  Faithful readers will remember him from Christmas 2009.  James is doing well and wanted to make sure that he was getting his posts from the blog.  He had heard that I had started posting again.  Gobsmacked I was.

There you have it.  Another offering.  I seem to be getting back into the swing of things...

No comments:

Post a Comment