Wednesday, December 31, 2014

OUD en NIEUW!!


2015 - A New Beginning.......

Truth be told, I am looking forward to the new year with undiluted pleasure.  There are so many possibilities.  New Adventures.

To my most treasured friends, I want them to hear the words of an EE Cummings poem;

I carry your heart with me,
I carry it in my heart.
I am never without it,
anywhere I go, you go, my dear.
and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling.
I fear not fate,
for you are my fate, my sweet.
I want no world,
for beautiful, you are my world, my true.
Here is the deepest secret nobody knows,
Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud,
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life,
which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide,
and this is the wonder that keeps the stars apart,
I carry your heart,
I carry it in my heart.

I am made the better by the company I keep.  I am made more courageous and noble.  What more do I need to face the coming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment