Thursday, December 25, 2014

HAPPY CHRISTMAS


Christmas is still magic to me.  From just after Thanksgiving until the 25th of December, the feelings of good cheer and memories keep coming at me strong.  It seems that I can hardly wait until Christmas Eve.  Then Christmas Eve comes and goes and the glow of the holidays starts to fade.

Not all of my Christmas memories are wonderful.  Lucky for me, most of the memories I retain are warm and dear to me.  Christmas is still a wonderment to me, enough so that I long for it each and every day of the year.

This Christmas I missed Ron's Christmas party.  I missed Laura and Margaret.

This Christmas I spent a lot of time adding up my blessings and wondering if I could improve on them in the coming year.  I am quite keen to get started on 2015.

I spent Christmas Eve alone, listening to Christmas music.  I go to YOUTUBE and load up the music and with earphones on, am into the holiday music and nothing else.  I place the telephone in a position to see the light blinking.  With my little snacks and eggnog, I am quite content to looking at the Christmas Tree lights and feel pretty smug with my self.

I have friends who do not view the holiday with the same level of pleasure as I.  They were not a part of my Christmas.  Wish that they were but one has to let them be as they are.

Truth be told, I had a lovely Christmas Eve and am right full of Christmas Cheer this Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment