Tuesday, December 31, 2013

YEAR END CLEARANCE


Here it is, the year end rant of the old geezer.  What would this blog be if not for the words of wisdom given...

Right, so this old geezer will try to sum up the many lessons learned in the past year.  As if it will set the world on fire.  Mind, it might make for interesting reading.

Whatever 2013 was, it was another year with many blessings and another good reason to have been round to see.  There was a time the old geezer gave thought to depleting the population by one, but came to realize that it would rob me of the chance to see what was round the next corner.

After a lifetime of questioning who I was and where I came from and where I was going, it all seem to come together this past year.  I made a few steps in the wrong direction but always headed back to where I was running from.  I used to think that that distance could protect me self from the past.  Funny thing id that you can never run fast enough to get out of your own skin.  The past is part of who I am and after much therapy, I have long last come to live with the past.  The past can not hurt me anymore.

Much of what I learned this past year is due to my listening to the stories of the people met.  My life is no different than many met who struggle with illness, disappointment and miss opportunities.  Many of the folks met have had to lead double lives.  Hiding a part of selves they were afraid to reveal.  For the first time in many a years, I really listened to the stories.  It changed me.

However hard life has been, there is no difference in my life and so many others.  Truth be told, 2013 was not a bad year.

I have people in my life who like me and care about me.  That is a really big deal.  Me being unwilling to let folks get close.  After 26 years, I am willing to let folks get very close.  I rather think John would be proud of that.

I have LIVED.  Have the dirt clinging to and the bruises to prove.  That is the whole point.  Life may not have been what I hoped for but it was pretty much of my own making.  2013 was a time for me to take stock and begin to enjoy the years to come.  Accept the 'family' I have built and let the 'family' that never was go.  Accept that I am OK and going to continue to improve with age.

There you have it.  I am happy that 2013 is ending on positive note for me.  I am really looking toward the new year with high hopes.  Eager to listen to more of the stories from the folks I care about.






2 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR..YOU'VE GROWNEND THIS PAST YEAR , MAYBE THE BITCH HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT.......HAVE A GREAT ONE,,,,,,,SCOTT CALLED / CHECKING UP ON YOU

    ReplyDelete