Wednesday, December 25, 2013

CHRISTMAS THOUGHTS


Christmas morning.  The morning we have all been waiting for.  The morning that reveals how much we are loved and appreciated.

This old geezer woke up bright and early and was feeling most pleased with self.  Christmas Eve had been a delightful evening of listening to Christmas music.  Yes, the old geezer had been blessed with new and improved hearing devices.  A visit to doctor on Christmas Eve morn had got them fine tuned so that all of the merry sounds of the season would be heard.  Mind, one of the devices needs to be fitted with a better seal but 'sound', even less than perfect, is a joy.

A quick trip to the local market got a few treats for the evening and also allowed MOI to visit with some folks and wish them the best of the season.

Christmas Eve was spent alone.  I sat at my machine and read notes sent from absent friends and sipped 'low fat' eggnog.  As the well remembered carols played in the background, I saw in my mind's eye all of the folks I am fond of and did not feel alone at all.  I even remembered some of the folks I do not think kindly on.  With many happy thoughts I took to my bed and counted my blessings.

I sprang from my bed this morning, showered and dressed smartly.  Ready I am to sail out into the bright Christmas day hoping to visit friends and generally feel rather full of Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment