Tuesday, December 4, 2012

CHRISTMAS CARD LIST


Robert as Santa - Christmas 2007

I have a list of folks I know all written in a book.
Every year at Christmas I go and take a look.
That is when I realize that these names are a part
Not of the book they are written in but of my heart
Each name stands for someone who has crossed my path sometime
And in the meeting they have become the "rhythm of the rhyme"
While it sounds fantastic for me to add this claim
I really believe I am composed of each remembered name
While you may not be aware of any special link
Just meeting you has shaped my life more than you can think
Once you have met somebody the years cannot erase
The memory of a pleasant word or friendly face
So never think of my Christmas card is just a mere routine
of names upon a list, forgotten in between
For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you
It is because you are on the list of folks I am indebted to
You are a part of the total of many folks I have met
You happen to be one of those I prefer not to forget
Whether I have known you for many years or few
In some way you have had a part in shaping things I do
Every Christmas I realize anew
The biggest gift that life can give is meeting folks like you.

My dears, the above newspaper clipping was old when it was sent to MOI in a Christmas Card many years ago. It meant so much to MOI that it became a marker in my diary and it is seen almost daily. Some times it is just moved from page to page but at other times MOI reads it again and thinks of all of the lovely folks who have been a part of his life.

Many Christmas's have been enjoyed in the 60 odd years of life.  One of most remembered is last one spent with John, happy we were, even if we knew he would not be round for the next one.  There is a memorable one in Stockholm, and a few special ones in London.  Am very fond of the one spent in Hilo.  Then there is the one in Marysville, the one James and Chandra came into life.  Christmas makes MOI think back on the lovely times had with Paul.

This year, Ron is holding his annual Christmas Eve Party.  Ron ADORES Christmas, and loves to play Santa to all the folks known to.  May well be a Christmas to remember...

Many of you are 'au fait' with MOI sending E-Cards. Not a holiday or special event passes without a little something being sent to the folks who are special. A small number of folks write back and tell that they NEVER open the E-Cards, they are afraid that it will have a 'virus' but that does not stop MOI from sending them. Many know that it is just my way of letting all know they are thought of. MOI receives many as well and loves each and every one received.

No comments:

Post a Comment