Thursday, June 14, 2012

WHAT DO MY SHOES SAY???


As always, there was an article in Daily Mail that got MOI to think.  Mind, always knew that shoes told much about a person, even did a blog on shoes last year...

SHOES HAVE CACHE - February 2011

My dears, this old geezer was out looking for bargains the other day when this post presented self.

I was in a shop looking for a smart shirt to add to collection of colourful shirts already had. Being a bit hard to spend cash, was in the mood for one that was 'on sale'. All of the colourful shirts seen were of a certain value and I did not want to part with so much cash to look smart. The lovely lady who worked in the shop was trying to get MOI to purchase something. Went so far as to tell that it was her mission to....

I told the lovely lady that I was but a 'poor, old geezer' and was in need of a mark down. This got the lovely lady to laugh rather loudly and tell that she just knew that was not the case. When I pressed the lovely lady to tell how she came to such an opinion, she told that it had everything to do with the shoes I was wearing.

To tell true, the shoes upon feet were not hand made, and did not come from a famous fashion house. Mind, there were a bit dear but not so dear that this old geezer had to fight self to open pocketbook to purchase.

You, the avid reader of me blog, know that I have bad bones. That I limp, is understatement. Given that I walk oddly, it is most important that my feet are well looked after. It simply would not do to not be able to walk due to poor foot care. So far as is known, the problem with me bones has not gone to me feet, and I would rather it did not. It follows that wearing good shoes would make the feet co-operate during my wanderings down the road. That the shoes are well made is a given but I never thought them to be of singular beauty...

Have oft heard lady friends bang on about their shoes. No clue why it was most important to purchase footwear that cost more than a house. Right, so I tend to colour the cost a bit, but is quite true that ladies do spent massive amounts on shoes.

Have met many coppers who tell that they tend to purchase shoes that cost a packet. Looks have nothing to do with, just the comfort of have feet pampered during long shifts.

You do see where I am going with this?

Getting back to the lovely lady in the shop.

No matter how hard I tried to convince the lovely lady that there was no massive pile of cash under bed, she was of the mind that it was not so. I pride self on trying to get bargains and was at complete loss with this lady. The bloody shoes had done me in.

I did not purchase anything. Not for lack of trying. A case of need not matching up with want. I have no doubt that I shall return to the shop in the future. It may well come to pass that I will find a shirt that begs to be added to me wardrobe. That remains to be seen. I do know that I will not wear me smart shoes on the next visit and might get lucky and the lovely lady will not remember from past visit.

If nothing else, I learned that me shoes added to me cachet. How grand is that?

Other clues are less obvious. Practical and functional shoes belong to agreeable people, ankle boots are worn by aggressive personalities and calm personalities wear uncomfortable looking shoes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2158076/How-tell-good-sole-You-really-judge-person-shoes--need-look-else.html#ixzz1xcimOvQ8

1 comment:

  1. LOV THE SHOES, WHERE CAN I GET A PAIR? LOVE THE COLOR AND STYLE,MUST GET A NEW PAIR, LOOK LIKE THEY WOULD BE GRAND BEACH SHOES
    NA,NA.............RON IN HAWAII.......HOPE THINGS GOING BETTER FOR YOU NOW......

    ReplyDelete