Friday, May 28, 2010

FREE RIDE IS OVER

Bit Rough to Save The Unwilling

My dears, it is not in the nature of this old geezer to stand by and watch one liked be picked clean by 'vultures'.  That is the current scenario being played out with folks known to Murray Kay.  Sensing 'blood in the water', or dying flesh in the field, vultures overhead and sharks in the water have come full force to get whatever is left of poor Murray Kay.

Tragic events have been haunting Murray for some time, many of which are of his own making.  Not keeping eye on business has left him in a state of near ruin.  Personal and business life have mixed so well that it is hard to know where one begins and the other ends.  Factor in Murray's need to be 'loved & liked' by one and all, it soon becomes clear that less than honourable souls have found way into the pocket book of.

Harsh as it may sound, this old geezer is most concerned about the future of the Linda Villa.  Much has been achieved here and it is here  success has the greater chance of taking root.  Would be daft to allow anything or anyone ruin.   Even Murray...

Events of yesterday have made clear  something has got to change.  Murray, aided by 'greedy friends', is hellbent on ruination.  Too much drink, too many ciggies and lack of proper sleep have got Murray so knackered, he no longer seems to care if he loses all.

I could not stand by any longer.  Told all of the hangers-on to clear off.  Stopped the drinking and put Murray to bed.  Told one and all, if Murray came out and continued to party in public, would call the coppers and have him arrested for being 'intoxicated in public'.  I kid you not, it has gone this far.

Mean and hateful things were said to MOI by the departing crowd.  Right odd, how folks leaching off of one, will fight to the death for every crumb to be had.  It is the 'end of month' blues local and many of the folks round Murray of late are in need until 'benefits' arrive.

I will not allow my reputation to be ruined by the actions of a self-pitying business partner.  I made promises to the lovely folks moving into the Linda Villa that are going to be kept.  I made promises to James and his family.  To Paul.  Most of all, I made promises to the community that evil would stay away from this part of the road.

I am desperate to believe that Murray is not a lost cause.  Once more, I ride to his rescue.  One last time, try to get Murray to face up to his demons and get the help he needs before all is lost.

I will survive, I always do.  However this plays out, this old geezer will keep trying to make the road, the community and the Linda Villa more brilliant.  As a business partner or community activist.

I tell you all of this, dear readers, as I want one and all to know that it is never easy to do the right thing.  Might well be the reason many do not follow that path.  Truth be told, went to me bed last night and worried that I had gone too far in me caring and should have just ignored the drama.  It is not pleasant to have hate hurled at, or to have to chide a grown man into bed.  I am desperate to hold fast to the belief that it is not 'end of days' at Linda Villa...

1 comment:

  1. If Murray does not see you as the true friend you are, he does not appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete