Sunday, August 9, 2015

"THERE IS NO THERE, THERE"




Truth be told, KUHIO Avenue is rather straight as a road.

The quote used in heading comes from Gertrude Stein and she was talking about Oakland.  Ms. Stein was being facetious, I am beginning to feel a bit more than that about conditions at the Tropic Surf.

Metaphorically speaking, what is going on the Tropic Surf Complex can be likened to the crew of the Titanic fighting passengers from getting out of the bloody lifeboats and returning to the stricken vessel.  Gobsmacked I am at the number of folks who leave under a cloud showing back up to strut their stuff for all to see.  Steerage passengers climbing back on the sinking ship to pass selves off as FIRST CLASS to allow them a ring side seat to the final curtain act to the mortally wounded ship that they think the Tropic Surf is.

My dears, you know me to be wickedly cheeky, you best grab a cuppa and to quote Bette Davis; "Tighten seatbelts, it is going to be a bumpy ride."

This old geezer is a true diarist.  What will follow is my venting events that play into a decision that is very hard to make.  I took to me cot and had a hard think on of what is to be revealed and wanted to allow time to pass before writing.  Is always best to let fire die down before you write.

History has proved to me that you can not save folks who have no desire to be saved  The on-going battle to win over folks who can not share in vision of an improved Tropic Surf is long and hard.

At first, I thought that example could lead the way.  I be wrong.  The old addage that "you can not teach an old dog new tricks"  is so very true.  I feel gutted this morn that I allowed anger to cloud my language yesterday afternoon.  The hated "F" word was hurled at one.  It was used as an adjective to describe an action, not as one to shame the person hurled at,  Regardless, it is a rather mean word and should not have been used at all.  Shame on me none-the less.  I know better, even if the person addressed does not.

The tenants remaining at the benefit by all of the changes and improvements.  To keep sending them mixed signals in these trying times serves no real purpose, other than to sow unrest with what remains that is good.  What part of "STUPID" do I not get?

I was told yesterday that if I did not like what was happening, "I could leave",  How interesting.

Past history has taught me that one can not allow negative vibes to poison your view of the world.  I knew when I landed here that there was challenge here.  I moved in to see if one person could set an example, raise the bar of Civic Pride and Moral Responsibility higher.  Passionate I be in the belief that what ruins a road or a complex is APATHY.   Buckets of it Apathy could be found.  Folks were so used to the dirt, they no longer knew what clean was.  To be true, dirt was leading cause to what ailed the complex.   Management was not very clean and set the stage for all of the tenants to follow.  How else to explain being able to visit flat of resident manager and ignore the smells and the filth.  How else to show flats that were down right filthy.  No one truly thought that the Tropic Surf was the "Taj Mahal" of flats and when they moved into the filth and broken down flats, showed their anger at having been taken by not following the rules or paying rent and adding to the decay of unit during their stay.  Why was that so hard to see or understand?

Events of yesterday and other days have made me realize that however well meaning some folks are, they can not be trusted to be of value if the world of MOI is to be brought right.  I am but one person and can not do all things or be all things to folks.  I do not walk on water and my ability to work magic is limited by support round.  I will not go to  my grave over the problems at here.

I will depart the Tropic Surf when I am ready.  Not one day sooner.   Problem with some folks is that they are so limited in their act, they feel more comfy being round folks who are without shame.  More's the pity that.

However much some horrid people would like to see the back of the old geezer, they do not have the power to control my life.  Gobsmacked at how easily some can lie and cheat and have no shame.  A lot of people were in on the trick that caused problems.  Angry they are that the game is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment