Saturday, May 23, 2015

WAIKIKI FLAT COMES TOGETHER...

 For several weeks, seems like a lifetime, I have been renovating my flat in Waikiki.  It is coming along nicely, and I thought I would share the progress, as we come into the home stretch...

The first snap is of the living room area I have set up.  I am quite pleased with how it is looking, even if I say so meself.

Bear in mind that the curtains were a first try, and I have found others I like better and they will be in the new pictures.
 In a corner of the large living area, I have set up a computer area.  The folding screen behind the table is to block a view into my flat by folks walking by the windows on landing.

The table is rather long, topped with a nice marble top and base is painted chinese red.  Works well.

I rather think I have to finish off the windows with curtains and have bought enough to match the ones I am placing on other windows.


 I took time to sit in one of the comfy chairs, to show off the bronze bust I have on the column.
 Here I am approving of the placement of the massive telly.  Not that I watch much.
 View of kitchen area from the front door.  The table and chairs were a steal and work well with the space of the kitchen.  Not crowded at all.  There is even a leaf to the table....

For my smart candle lit suppers....
 Another view of the kitchen.  Check out the tile floor and the massive icebox...
 The bed is a massive mahogany one, with a nice design in the head board.  It is for a full mattress.  At present I am using a twin.  Well, I sleep alone.....

The bed was another steal.  I had a workman place a thick board on the side rails, so as to not have to buy a box spring....
 Another view of the bedroom.  Artwork hung and a nice chest of drawers.
 The plan was to hang drapes on opening of the closet.  The set came with red center.  Upon reflection, I thought it was too gay....
Bought another set of matching drapes.  Much better.
Will end this presentation with a snap of one old geezer standing next to a bronze bust of another ancient...

No comments:

Post a Comment